- threshold secret sharing:
- you have multiple shards of a secret
- given enough of them, you can reconstruct the whole secret
- sample implementation: github/hashicorp/vault/shamir.go
- threshold: interesting cryptographic construction for reconstructing a secret
- multisig: pattern in smart contract programming for only executing something if enough signatures made by list of privkeys
There’s also group signatures – any member can generate a signature on behalf of a group. Identity of the signer cannot be determined without the group manager’s secret key.