Playing with the Experiment on Google IO's site
So naturally I play around a bit, finding two combinations: 01010011, which yields a pixelated version of the IO logo and is named eight-bit according to the url. Next I found 10001000, which shows the “synth” module.
I google a binary-to-text convert and found that these represented some interesting values — the convert return HTML special character codes — nor did they seem particularly relevant. 0101001 yields “S”, whereas 10001000 yields “ˆ”, a circumflex (hooray for new words).
Naturally, I had to know more. I creatively googled “google io experiment” and found the GitHub page. Yay open source! Using GitHub’s search bar, I plugged in the first number set (01010011) and found a list of all possible combinations. (Conveniently commented in, too, I might add. Else I might’ve never found them :3). Some of the inputs appear to not be accepted (notably 10101010, reportedly the “metaball” mode, and 10010110, the “donut” mode, and a few look as if they might have minor bugs (mentioned in the comments for the first batch, lines 65-69, plus I noticed some visual effects in Eight Bit), but the rest appear to be in working order. My favorite one is SpaceMode, 00101010.